ANIMO EVENTS LTD
Animo Events (www.animo-events.co.uk) is the organiser of The Movers & Storers Show (www.themoversandstorersshow.co.uk).
We ensure YOUR data privacy by using these key principles:
We are responsible for the protection of Personal Information entrusted to us.
• Clarity and Control.
We inform customers when we collect their Personal Information and we will honour their preferences for contacting them.
• Third Parties who process YOUR information.
We will only choose trustworthy vendors and suppliers to process personal Information and we require them to commit to adequate privacy and data security standards.
• Data Accuracy and Proportionate Use.
We collect Personal Information to use it for specific and legitimate business purposes. We collect what we need to get the job done, we store it safely and accurately and we retain it as needed for its intended purpose.
• Customer Benefit and Value for Customers.
We share with our customers the benefits and value we derive from processing their Personal Information.
We implement technical, organizational, and physical security measures to ensure an appropriate level of security of the Personal Information we process.
This privacy statement applies to our online privacy practices and it may apply to our offline data collection, if we refer to this statement.
If you visit one of our events other local security policies may apply. This document forms the base policy.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our websites, for whatever reason, we may ask you to provide information about yourself (“YOUR Information”) that may include:
Contact details, including YOUR name, address, personal email address, business address, business e-mail address, phone number and country of residence;
Information about YOUR computer or device, including browser type and settings;
Log data, including information such as YOUR computer’s IP address, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages you visit on our Site, time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics;
History of interaction with our webpages, and traffic data relating to YOUR Internet connection;
Other information that does not specifically identify you, such as actions taken on our websites.
Providing YOUR data is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as registration to attend a show or exhibition, entry to competitions request for information from us about exhibiting or sponsoring an associated event. In such cases, if you do not provide YOUR information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use YOUR Information mainly to stay in touch with you, to provide you with support services, to make it easy to navigate our Sites, to improve our Sites and our products, and to offer you content and services that might interest you.
We use YOUR Information as follows, where the processing is necessary to establish or administer our agreement with you:
• Verify YOUR identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services;
• Communicate with you regarding registration or booking information.
• Provide you with customer support, and enable the provision of services;
• Register you for events;
• Determine the entity you are connecting from.
We use YOUR information as follows, where the processing is based on our legitimate business interests to communicate with you and improve users’ experience, improve our products and services, protect our security, and defend our legal rights:
• Subscribe you to newsletters, and manage YOUR subscriptions and preferences;
• Call you or e-mail you with updates and marketing as described in this statement;
• Solicit YOUR opinion or feedback;
• Provide you with a customised experience when you visit our exhibitions and events;
• Determine the effectiveness of our banner ads;
• Secure our systems and applications;
• Enforce our legal rights and comply with legal requirements;
• Monitor, administer, and analyse use of the Websites; increase our Website’s functionality and user-friendliness.
• We may also use YOUR information where processing is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations, including responding to legal process or lawful requests. Lastly, we may use YOUR information with YOUR consent, where required by applicable law.
• We may share your personal data with selected external third parties including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, including Google and Facebook
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the length of time we retain personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the content, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process this data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for seven years after they leave us for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
CONTACT US – YOUR RIGHTS & ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Animo Events Limited, is the controller of YOUR Personal Information. You have the right to request access to YOUR Information and to rectify it, to object to data processing, to request the erasure of YOUR Information, and to withdraw YOUR consent.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can exercise YOUR rights by either…
Sending an email to email@example.com
or making a request in writing to:
The Data Officer
Animo Events Limited,
The Old Church,
32 Byron Hill Road,
Harrow on the Hill,
You can write to the same address if you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our privacy and security practices.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may provide us with information about you from online and offline sources. We may combine such information with the information we already have about you, to provide you with a better experience, to determine YOUR interest in our products, and to improve the quality of our offerings. For instance, we may use third party web analytics tools to pool together contact information collected through any of our forms or email campaign with contact information provided by you via opt-in on other websites form or email – to identify you when you visit our websites.
We may also aggregate YOUR Information with information collected from other website visitors, to generate statistics, and analyse and understand how visitors use our Sites.