The Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain published their revised criteria for existing haulage, bus & coach operators and new applicants on 4 December 2018. Their press release is as follows:
- Applicants and existing operators under standard licences will be asked to produce evidence meeting the revised criteria in preparation for the 1 January 2019 deadline, when the new financial standing levels come into force.
- Standard national and international licence applicants will be required to demonstrate £8000 (previously £7950) for the first vehicle and £4450 (previously £4400) for each additional vehicle they request to be authorised.
- Operators making variation applications will be required to demonstrate financial standing for their existing fleet and any additional authorisation against the new levels.
- Any applicant or licence holder appearing at public inquiry before a traffic commissioner after 1 January 2019, where evidence of financial standing is requested, will be required to satisfy the new levels.
- There will be no change at the current time to the rates of finance, which must be available to support a restricted licence or application (£3100 for the first vehicle and £1700 for each additional authorised vehicle).
The Senior Traffic Commissioner’s statutory guidance document on finance will be amended to reflect the new rates.